Tuesday, October 10, 2006

HS

Which, dear reader, is French for "Out of Order." Can you believe they've closed my metro station until December (!! my italics) for renovation work? I liked it just as it was and, frankly, what on earth can they be doing that will take them two months (apart from drinking a lot of coffee and smoking like chimneys)?? If they were going to make it more fabulous (I'm thinking glitter/gold), then fair enough. But I suspect the end result will still "feature" those off-white-railway-station-loo (in German, that would probably be one word, but I can't imagine what it would be) tiles rather too heavily for my taste. Anyway, the whole thing is MOST inconvenient as it means I've had to completely overhaul the Rhino75 Morning Routine (patent pending). Normally, the alarm goes off at 8:00 a.m., only to be put on snooze until 9:00 a.m. There follows 25 minutes of "Where/Who Am I?" (not necessarily in an existential kind of way) and 5 minutes of "quality" time with Kitty - normally a very one-sided conversation (but again, not necessarily the side you might think).
Next comes a 10-minute "cereal/toast" mental debate (this can, of course, be speeded up by forgetting to buy one or the other at the start of the week), before flinging myself under the shower and trying to find two socks that look vaguely similar (another 5 minutes). Two hours well spent, if you ask me. But NOW I have to build in an extra 15 minutes to walk to another metro station. Where on earth is THAT going to come from, I ask you?? The whole business is too stressful for words - I shall need therapy by Christmas.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As will all the popinjays at La Perle. Chiant!

However, look forward to your new cleaned station, minus the puke and pee stains, for a least a couple of months.

rhino75 said...

for one moment there, I thought you were talking about my WORKstation...

Anonymous said...

LOL Rhino, your morning routines are quite similar to mine! (without kitty).
I know how you feel, they closed mine for 3 months last spring and I was constantly late (ie later than my usual late). But the day it reopened was the most beautiful day of my life since the day I went to a Jeane Manson's concert in 1982. I never really understood what they did to my station though as it still smelled the same and looked as badly renovated as Jeane Manson.

Reluctant Nomad said...

Drink more wine.

Anonymous said...

Abweissbahnhofsklo would be my take - well, you did ask...xxxx

rhino75 said...

That'll teach me, Colly xxxx