Sunday, April 02, 2006

...the night before

The blood-sugar levels were running low, you see, after Saturday evening's Paris AngloBlogmeet, organised by Petite Anglaise. I've never really met any other Parisian bloggers (apart from Mickelino) and was more than a little apprehensive, suspecting that everyone would disappear at 21h00 to run home and post about it, or heaven forbid, turn up with webcams. Alternative scenarios were how I would be made to stand up while everyone mocked me for doing it all wrong, or everyone would be 19 and that all my teeth would fall out whenever I tried to speak...(over to you, Dr. Freud). But not at all. I met some very cool people, heard some great stories, went to four bars, chatted about South America with a charming young man who runs a skateboarding magazine, and ended up downing a last Long Island Iced Tea "for the road" at 4 a.m. Triffic.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

rhino, you know I live on Long Island and as I am writing this to you, am having a very chilled Long Island Iced Tea. Oh how quaint darlink!

Rob7534 said...

Sounds excellent! Any romantic prospects? No quick trips the bathroom, for a quicky?

I'm dying to know.

rhino75 said...

Babs, I was, indeed, drinking it in your honor m'dear. I suspect though that it wasn't a strictly authentic recipe, but I did my best. And Rob, hon, I'm wounded. Do I strike you as a "quick trip to the bathroom" kinda guy? Please. NEVER without money for the powder room. Luv Rhino Golightly.

Gillian Young said...

Only one 19-year-old, and you outlived me by many hours into the night. You put me and my 12:30 metro to shame.

rhino75 said...

That's because you were pacing yourself, luvvie. That's why when I bumped into you yesterday, you looked fresh as a daisy and glowing, while I looked 103!! But wait until the next meet - I shall get my revenge mwuuuuhahhah.

Frog with a Blog said...

I want to organize a blog meeting with you, Rob, Nomad and Babs + others. Let's meet in London, it's so much better than Paris! (meow again)

rhino75 said...

HaHa!! You're so bitter!!

Reluctant Nomad said...

IF you lot come over the muddy waters for a meet, I'll be there. But, in my case, I'd prefer to do the wandering over to that side. I haven't been to Paris since 1984.