Thursday, February 16, 2006

Rhino's Showbiz Shorts

  • Will the real Pauline Fowler please stand up? I AM a bit of an 'Enders fan, it has to be said, but this profile from the Guardian is packed with great little nuggets that anyone can enjoy. Who on earth calls their dog Shirley Brahms and has a bronze statue made of it?
  • Madonna has a hernia. Lordy, just writing that somehow makes me feel terribly old. Poor Madge. But the best thing about this Daily Mail article - apart from their fondness for the adjective "eye-watering" - is the readers' comments section at the bottom. The voice of middle England at its best.
  • Willie Nelson's Brokeback Blues. This surely has to rank among the most shameless cash-ins ever, right? And like WHO came up with that title? I'll carry on getting my country kicks from Shania, thank you. Man, I feel like a woman. Now that's what I call camp.
  • Costa 'n' Kym. I've always had a bit of a pash on Antony Costa from Blue, and there's a part of me that is going to be rooting for him to win, just to give me yet another reason to watch Eurovision this year (as if one were needed). And of course I'll be gutted if he loses out to Marshy (When did she last have a hit? Has she sung with Elton? - I think not) But there's a distinct whiff of eau de career toilette in the air...

6 comments:

Rob7534 said...

Yeah, I could hardly believe Willie Nelson's latest. Oh well, he has a tax bill to pay off, so he does what he must! :)

Frog with a Blog said...

I can stretch my legs and put my feet behind my head. I'm a whole Madonna show myself.

Reluctant Nomad said...

In his defence, he does have a song that is part of the soundtrack. Why the fuck am I defending him, I wonder?

rhino75 said...

"Inside every cowboy, there's a lady who'd love to slip out"?? Surely that line alone is enough to merit punishment by stoning?? Though as Rob points out, he does have that tax bill to pay...

Reluctant Nomad said...

Is that a line from the song? In that case...

I have some very funny Brokeback-related things to post but will do that over the weekend or next week

rhino75 said...

It's the fact that everything is "eye-watering" that makes me laugh, I can't stop that French & Sunders spoof popping into my head :-D