Thursday, August 18, 2005

Summer Sweetness

Walking home last night about midnight after dropping Seb off chez a "friend in crisis," full of vodka and happy, warm, fuzzy thoughts after a wonderful evening. Look up and see four French guys, late 20s, coming towards me. They smile, I smile back. Then one of them comes over and, before I realise what he's doing, kisses me, tells me I have the sweetest smile he's ever seen, and asks me to go for a drink with them. I thank him, and tell him I'm flattered but I have to decline, 'cos it's late, a school night etc. He smiles, gives me a peck on the cheek, and we go our separate ways, with rhino75 floating on a little cloud. A cute summer moment. On a more prosaic note, I apologise for the lack of pics at the moment but since upgrading to Panther at the weekend, I can't get my ADSL to work. Please send positive teccy vibes my way.

4 comments:

rhino75 said...

Thanks Dan, I need them!

Frog with a Blog said...

WOW! these thngs never happen to me. What street was that?
Luv from "desperate for a peck on the cheek in Paris".

rhino75 said...

It's not an everyday event for me either, Micke! Ever since, I've been walking round BEAMING on the off-chance but I think I'm just scaring people...

rhino75 said...

tell me about it!! ;) To be fair, I should point out that I live in the Marais, the Paris "gay village" so it was EXACTLY like being on Old Compton Street. And you're right, in a club doesn't count, and neither does being snogged by anyone who's lost control of their motor functions through drink (though that's usually me). But next time you're in Soho, if you see some bloke smiling maniacally at ya, be kind and don't scream - it could be just be rhino75 on a weekend jaunt!! :)