Monday, February 11, 2008

Who ate all the Pies?

You see, I was planning to write a review of Tim Burton's "Sweeney Todd" here today for your delight and delectation. Honest. But it didn't happen. Even got to the cinema on time and everything. No tickets left. Can you believe it? It's been out AGGGGEEEEESS, why did everyone in Paris want to go and see it yesterday afternoon? Grrrrrr. So we went for cocktails instead, which was just as much - if not more - fun, but, unfortunately, leaves me "postless" this morning. However, DO NOT FEAR, dear reader, because we're going to have another attempt on Tuesday. I thought you should be told.

4 comments:

Tin Foiled said...

I dunno, I heard it wasn't worth the bother -- apparently it's a MUSICAL. Bet they didn't mention that little "fact" in the teaser!! Which I think is almost dishonest!! Sorry Tom Burton your a meat pie!

Anonymous said...

I've seen it bro!!! Remember to look out for Jo's name in the credits!!! Thought it was fab but it did make me sing everything for a while after.... my compadre was lulled to sleep by the singing - not a good advert for the film but we had had a fair amount of wine so that could be to blame!!! :-S

amy said...

I thought it was very good, though not as completely mind-blowing as might be hoped. But there are some really stellar performances, and of course the sets/costumes are fab.

rhino75 said...

Right, Tin Foiled. Which is why you're going to see it for the SECOND time tomorrow :-) Sis!! I'm going to be spending all my time trying to spot Jo in her corset. Amy, I'm looking forward to it, I'll let you afterwards (fingers crossed!)