Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Playing God


WHAT a week it's been, dear reader! First of all, dinner alongside Mia Farrow (that makes her sound like a ship, doesn't it?). Then the rugby - proof, if proof were needed, that sometimes that great English strategy of just "winging it" really is the best option. Grumpy old Chabal, the wild caveman, the supposed (my italics) baby-eater, spent most of his time on the floor, eating the TURF! Pffft. And to cap it all, Ma Rhino was viciously - there is no other adverb - attacked by... errm, a robin, and now has her arm in plaster. As always when emotions are running high, I decided to seek solace in a dark room full of strangers. No, not there - the THEATRE. As luck would have it, my friend Sandrine happens to be playing God at the moment. Literally. The show is called "Si ON n'existait pas" (their caps - for once!). Let me set the scene (ahem, ahem clears throat). ON decides to create a female companion for Adam, her firstborn, mainly to keep him away from the goats. But, unfortunately, Adam and Eve don't fancy each other at all. Enter Lily and .... oh but I'm telling you the plot!!! Go and see it - an original idea, great writing, lots of laughs, and top-notch performances. As a plus, the play also has original music, which you can purchase afterwards. The picture above (by yours truly) is of ON sitting on the bidet, trying to figure out what to do next - if that doesn't speak to us all, I don't know what does. (Click on the photo to see some more of my pics of the show).

5 comments:

The Late Bloomer said...

What a great photo -- and it sounds like an intriguing play, Rhino! Thanks for the heads-up...

rhino75 said...

Thank you LB. It's at a little theatre in the 15th and I really recommend it!!

Rob7534 said...

I love the idea behind this show! HA! God on the potty thinking about what to do next... it's genius!

Starman said...

Wonder if it will still be playing in May?

rhino75 said...

Haha Rob, it's a good one, isn't it? I <3 the Camp pics BTW. Starman, I'm afraid you'll be out of luck there. But I'm sure they'll have another one going by then! I'll keep you posted.