Monday, September 25, 2006

Cut down to size

"But they're not even women!" was Mum's verdict on the Scissor Sisters this weekend. Let alone related. But Rhino75 loves them anyway. And "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" just HAS to be a riposte to those other musical sisters the Nolans (ladies to a man and sharing the same genes this time) who sang the wonderful "I'm in the Mood for Dancing," right? Or am I so old that the fabulous wheel of pop has turned full circle and no-one knows what I'm talking about? Don't answer that. Anyway, both groups got a thorough going-over on my i-pod (see, see I AM still "with-it") on the Eurostar this weekend as I made my bi-annual pilgrimage to the family seat, Castle Rhino. Of course, I've come back with piles of glossy magazines snaffled from the train, the complete Season One of "Prison Break" (which I'm hoping will turn out to be a sort of Oz-lite), a biography of Tom Cruise, a Zadie Smith, and a fab new yellow worm for Kitty (thanks Mum 'n' sis). And, natch, managed to fit in some top telly too: first two episodes of "Arrested Development" Season 3, a great "Extras" with David Bowie, and part one of a new adaptation of Jane Eyre. Ain't life grand??

6 comments:

Rob7534 said...

The Scissor Sisters are new to me, I was only introduced to their music from watching America's only Gay Tv channel... LOGO.

I do enjoy their music, and I look forward to downloading that song!

rhino75 said...

You do, of course, realise Rob that this makes you slightly less hip than my Mum?? I find that worrying ;D

The Dog of Freetown said...

What a brilliant comment from your old lady. Does she have a blog?

Reluctant Nomad said...

I got the album for somebody's birthday present then copied it on to my iPod. It's got some great songs but isn't as great as their first album.

Rob7534 said...

Less hip than your mum?!

Now I must meet this incredibly vivacious, trendy, and hip woman!

Them is almost fighting words Rhino! :)

Anonymous said...

I always think there's a fair bit of Leo Sayer in that song too - Scissor Sisters rule, their concert DVD, filmed *sigh* at the Dome in Brighton is fab too. But is the term "the old Joanna" REALLY that commonly used by New Yorkers?