Friday, April 07, 2006

Friends, Romains, Countrymen...

Photo: Allocine.fr
While out for an impromptu supper with Mr. and Mrs. LOG last night at one of our (very) local haunts, we found ourselves, quite unexpectedly, sitting on the next table to French film star Romain Duris. And, perhaps more unexpectedly, he was wearing a hat very similar to the one in this pic. What are the odds of that happening? For my international readers, M. Duris's most recent film, "De battre mon coeur s'est arrêté" (aka "The Beat that my Heart Skipped") swept the board this year at the French equivalent of the Oscars, Les Césars, winning eight awards, including best film. He also shares Kylie's birthday! Anyway, in addition to his acting prowess, he's a pretty good judge of restaurants, as my spicy lamb cutlets with raita were delish. I am not sure, however, if he caught Mr. LOG's rather excellent "Columbo" impersonation over coffee. Frankly, I think he could have picked up a few tips. Maybe next time...

3 comments:

Frog with a Blog said...

I love R. Duris in this picture! Is it from Arsène Lupin? How did he behave? Was he totally obnoxious and aware of his charm?Could you actually concentrate on what your friends were saying or were you trying to do a Kamel Ouali on him too i.e "oh I love your work" kinda thing just to get his phone number?

rhino75 said...

It is Micke! But why was he wearing that hat to a restaurant? Most odd. He was in a group of about eight, and they were very well-behaved. And so were we.

Unknown said...

You two, lol. I love to hear all the unexpected affairs of life that come your way, rhino. I must say, I'm a wee bit jealous. But I'll continue to enjoy things through your eyes!xoxo