Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Fantastic Voyage...

...which I think is that movie where they shrink Raquel Welch and inject her, plus a small spaceship, into some bloke's kidneys. I could do with that at the moment. Neverthless, today, inspired by Frodo and Sam's epic journey to save Middle Earth (say what you like about LOTR, it does pass the time), I ventured out of Rhino75 Towers to my own personal Mordor, Parisian department store BHV. My mission: to replenish stocks of Kitty's special pellets and buy more painkillers. Although I can only shuffle along like a tramp, it really wasn't that bad. I can't stand still though, so in the checkout queue I had to dance from one foot to the other like one of those gypsy bears. Which gets you some funny looks, believe me though, thankfully, no-one threw any coins. Another revelation: back trouble turns you into a geek. Who knew? After watching the whole of LOTR and Star Wars, I returned from today's trip with a DVD of Joss Whedon's "Serenity". It can only be days before I start getting into role-playing games...eeek.

2 comments:

Rob7534 said...

Oh, I actually liked Serenity! Tell us what you think about it, after you watch it. I like Whedon's smart ass writing style, one of the reasons I liked Buffy the Vampire slayer so much.

rhino75 said...

I really liked it too, Whedon's a great writer. Within 10 minutes, you actually start to care about these characters. I found that River girl slightly annoying (a bit of a goth sulky teen, you could imagine her listening to Slipknot in her room, and I kept wanting to shout out "wash your hair, godammit!") but the rest of it was fab, particularly the doctor...yummm.